HOW TO REGISTER A MEMBER?
- Go to website https://www.mfa.org.my
- Create user account and password
- Fill up the online membership application at https://www.mfa.org.my/register-as-member/
- The Secretariat will contact you after your submission and provide further information.
WHAT ARE THE CATEGORIES OF MFA MEMBERS?
The MFA has 6 categories of membership, as follow:
- Ordinary Member – Franchisors, Master Franchisees, Franchisees And Support Institutions.
- Associate Member – Would Be Franchisors, Would Be Master Franchisees, Would Be Franchisees And Support Institutions.
- Affiliate – Other Association, Trade Organisations & Chamber Of Commerce
- International – Any Business Organisation, Or Institution Registered Outside Malaysia
- Lifetime – Company, Individual
- Student – Certfication, Diploma, Degree, Bachelor, Master’s Doctoral Student, Etc
Different between KPDNKK, PNS and MFA?
KPDNKK is a ministry of the Government of Malaysia that is responsible in handling the policy and regulation of franchising. Meanwhile PNS is a agency under KPDNKK that responsible in the development of franchise agencies and financing for franchising. Lastly MFA is a non-government organisation that promote franchising and gather the information about franchising in Malaysia
The institution that assist in financing franchise business?
The institution assist in financing franchise business is “Perbadanan Nasional Berhad” (PNS).
If I want to be a franchisee, where can I find the details of the franchisor or master franchisee?
You can find the details of franchisor or master franchisee at MFA website under franchise directory column or you can directly call to MFA direct line for more information.
What differentiate ordinary and associate membership in MFA?
- Ordinary member is a company that have register as franchise license holder and succesfully running their franchise business in Malaysia.
- Associate member is a company that have potential franchise business to be expanded
As a MFA member, can I use MFA logo in my website?
Only “Ordinary Members” are allowed to use MFA at their website.
A platform to increase knowledge in franchise business?
MFA prepare alot of platform to increase franchise business knowledge among Malaysian. “Weekly Franchise Briefing”, “Essentials of Franchising Program”, “International Franchise Management”, “Grow Your Franchise” and “International Market Update Session” organize by MFA able to increase the basic knowledge of franching.
For more details please contact us at : 03-26971557
Is it compulsory to join as Malaysian Franchise Association members?
No it is not compulsory to join but MFA play role as a platform that help the franchise business to expand internationally and we carry our members brand into global market. We also have a continous research & development to improve Malaysian franchise industry. By joining MFA you are entitled to enjoy grants under EFDP.
Where should I register as Rof ( Registrar of Franchise)?
Rof(Registrar of Franchise) registration should be done at Franchise Development Division, Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (KPDNKK)
What are the requirement to begin a franchise business?
In order to begin a franchise business, a company should have
- Run the business for more than 3 years
- Register as SDN.BHD company at Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM)
- Completed operation manual and training manual.
How Can Mfa Assist Members To Promote Our System, Products Or Services?
One of MFA functions is to undertake promotional activities to promote franchising as a successful marketing business concept. Here, we play an active roles to promote all our members franchise.
But Why Some Renown Businesses Are Not Registered With The Rof?
The Ministry of Entrepreneur and Cooperative Development (MECD) is taking serious attention to ensure all existing franchises to comply with the ROF.
Is A Franchise System Compulsory To Register With The Registrar Of Franchise (ROF)?
Yes. Every franchise business in Malaysia is made compulsory to register with ROF authorised by the Franchise Act 1998. Incompliance is an offence.
What is Franchise?
Franchise is a method of marketing and distributing based on a two parties relationship; that is the franchisor (the owner and granter of right) and the franchisee (recipient of right)..